Posted on :
6 Jan, 2017
Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) programme will provide 750 matriculants from the class of 2016 with work and training from 1 April 2017 until 31 March 2018.
The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) project will provide matriculants from the class of 2016 with work experience and training in one of the 13 Western Cape Government Departments beginning 1 April 2017 until 31 March 2018.
During this time you will receive a monthly stipend to cover your expenses.
• You have written the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in 2016, and only applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered;
• You are not going to study further in 2017;
• You are a South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape Province;
• You are between the ages of 18 and 24;
• You are not sure of the next step after school.
• You have no network or support to help you make career choices;
• You are financially constrained.
Key Performance Areas
On-the-job training will be provided in the following departments:
• Department of the Premier;
• Department of Agriculture;
• Department of Community Safety;
• Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport;
• Department of Economic Development and Tourism;
• Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning;
• Department of Health;
• Department of Human Settlements;
• Department of Local Government;
• Department of Social Development;
• Department of Transport and Public Works;
• Provincial Treasury;
• Western Cape Education Department (WCED).
HOW TO APPLY
You can therefore apply even before the results are available.
Only attach your CV (preferably in MS Word).
Other documentation like your ID can also be attached with your CV.
Only applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered.
The final results will be verified with the Western Cape Education Department.
Also, other personal information and documentation will be verified in terms of legislation.
1. If you do not have an e-mail address, create one immediately. You will need it to apply;
2. This page will take you to a registration process before you can apply;
3. Once you have registered successfully, you will receive an username and password;
4. You must use the username and password to login and complete your application;
5. Please save your username and password in a secure place so that you can access it, if so required.
Closing Date: 20 January 2017