Purpose of the Role
Leading the human resources function for the Aspen Group. Reporting to the Deputy Group Chief Executive. Located in Durban at the Group headquarters.
- Proposing human resources strategy for the Aspen Group and directing the implementation of approved strategy.
- Guiding human resources managers in all Group business units.
- Providing human resources functional support for the Group head office.
- Reviewing, amending and where required, establishing human resources policies for consistent application, as appropriate, across the Aspen Group
- Providing direction and support to the Group executives on all strategic human resources matters.
- Ensuring human resources policy and practice in all group business units meets requisite standards.
- Maintenance and communication of Group human resources policy.
- Implementing recruitment practices which achieve prompt placement of high quality candidates for all vacancies.
- Establishing a human resources development plan which is aligned with the development of the Group.
- Developing and fully supporting the business with a talent management process which includes succession planning and assessment, training and development.
- Specifically focusing on in-house development programmes to ensure a rich pipeline of skills aligned to the needs of the Group, with specific focus on employment equity candidates in the South African business.
- Ensuring Group structures are efficient from an investment and functionality perspective and that the human resources function is efficient and cost effective.
- Implementation of effective and reliable HR administration, harnessing cost effective information technologies, including the generation of key metrics for measurement of HR performances factors.
- Ensuring human resources deliverables under the BBBEE Codes and submissions required to the Department of Labour (e.g. Employment Equity Plan,Workplace Skills Plan) are compliant and on time.
- Drive initiatives that will promote the Aspen group vision, values, ethics, code of conduct, and culture.
- Effectively structuring remuneration and benefits programs that attract and retain top talent.
- Recommending compensation and benefits structures for the Group’s senior executives.
- Ensuring fair compensation and benefits structures are implemented across the Group.
- Monitor, maintain and support a positive ER/IR framework within all business units and continually monitor, drive and support employee relations / industrial relations initiatives that cultivate and promote a healthy working environment.
- Maintain and develop close and productive relationships with trade unions and workers’ representatives where relevant, keep abreast of national legislation and developments in Labour Relations.
- Assessment of climate and culture in all business units, ensuring employee engagement is maintained through various HR programmes and proposing remedial action in response to unfavourable outcomes.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and industry regulations and advising the business of the legal implications for the business
Education, Qualification and Experience:
- Proven track record of performance and achievement in human resources in a major group at a senior level.
- Minimum of  years corporate human resources experience , 5 years at executive level
- Suitable tertiary qualifications.
- A track record of working in a global/multinational enterprise/large organisation
- Preparedness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Accountability/ Ownership
- Performance Driven
- Develops Talent, Teamwork & Diversity
- Communicates Effectively
- Leads & Influences Others
- Takes Action with integrity
- Continuously Grows & Develops
- Multi-management capabilities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Structured and organised
- Self starter
- Strong business acumen
- High financial competence
- Sensitive, but assertive
- Aligned to Aspen values of Integrity, Innovations, Excellence, Commitment and Teamwork