Posted on :
18 Jan, 2017
18 Jan, 2017
CARGO HANDLER – LANDSIDE
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
DIVISION: CARGO – JOHANNESBURG
LOCATION: WAREHOUSE 14-17, FOREIGN AIRLINE CARGO, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: WEDNESDAY, 18 JANUARY 2017
To create a safe, efficient and smooth running service for the transportation of cargo and catering on the Airlink flights, and other airline flights.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. Willing to work shifts, weekends and Public Holidays.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Ability to work under pressure.
5. Must be able to lift 50 kg’s unassisted.
6. Valid driver’s licence (preferable).
7. Computer literacy (advantageous).
8. Must be numerate and literate.
1. Accountable for the correct delivery of cargo to and from consolidators and Airlines landside.
2. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
3. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
4. Accountable for aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and accountability.
1. Responsible to assist with the distribution of service cargo, company mail and catering.
2. To assist with handing correct documentation for flights to the handling company.
3. To assist customers who are delivering cargo for Airlink flights.
4. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as
5. laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety
7. Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
How to Apply
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: SUZANNE CARRICK
ONLY REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED AS SUBJECT: CH – CAR – 0117
APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED TO: [email protected]
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.
JOB APPLICATION FORM
To apply for any position at Airlink, please download and fill in the Airlink Job Application Form. This must be sent along with your CV to the fax number / email address as indicated in the relevant advertisement.
See details HERE
Download Form HERE