Abraham Kriel Childcare (AKC) is a registered NPO that provides both residential care and community services within Gauteng. AKC focuses on providing shelter, care, rehabilitation, and skills development for children and youth, who have been subjected to trauma, abuse, molestation, poverty, HIV/AIDS and neglect.
Job Title: Social Worker
Location: Langlaagte Campus Johannesburg.
The purpose of the position is to provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families. Provide counselling and therapy to children in order to improve their social circumstances, develop their psychological well-being and emotional stability. Assist in maximizing their academic development
- The management of the treatment plans of each child in a case-load of between 30 and 40 children ;
- The implementation of therapeutic and development programmes
- The coordination of multi-disciplinary service delivery
- The management of permanency plans for the children
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including presentation and report writing
- Strong decision- making skills and the ability to make effective judgements on case files
- Resilience- Ability to cope under pressure and to persevere
- Leadership capabilities and excellent managerial skills
- Competency in therapy with traumatized children
- Ability to continuously develop and learn in the aspects of childcare and therapy
- Excellent knowledge of the Children’s Act
- Ability to work in and motivate a team
- Bachelor’s degree in social work
- Registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Be able to read, write, speak, English and Afrikaans
Should you meet any of the above requirements please email CV to: [email protected] or [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 27 September, 2019