Posted on :
15 Jul, 2010
15 Jul, 2010
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world’s most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture’s Services workforce is a dedicated team of people who work on outsourcing engagements. These are long-term partnerships with clients for whom we manage and provide increasingly specialised business operations, such as finance and accounting, IT, applications development and maintenance, help desk services, and HR. We not only maintain key business functions for clients, we constantly seek to improve them to help our clients move ahead of the competition.
Service Delivery professionals are responsible for providing service delivery across the breadth of offerings such as accounting, information technology, application development and maintenance, helpdesk services, procurement, learning and training, and human resources. The work that is performed by our delivery professionals may serve one or more clients concurrently and they may be located directly at a client site or within our global delivery network.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
¨ Serve as a liaison to the (finance) business community and participate in user and task analysis to maintain the business community’s perspective.
¨ To ensure overall business analysis and project efficiency and system stability in the Group Finance area.
¨ To provide concise and accurate feedback to Accenture Management and Edcon Management Accountants.
¨ Responsible for analyzing and designing new business processes. Also responsible for identifying and defining detailed product requirements and use cases, setting up and maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
¨ Works closely with the Business Process Architect and other planners to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirement and with the project manager, architects, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application.
¨ Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, and user acceptance testing.
¨ Business Process Specialists will also participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the designers ensuring a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
Customer Relationship and Requirements Development
• Ability to analyze and design business processes
• Ability to develop product requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis results and feedback from the finance user community
Team Project/Support Management
• Effective project management skills.
• Provide accurate and useful project or issues status reports.
• Work with team members to enhance their business and technical knowledge.
Deliverable Quality Management and Creation
• Ability to develop test conditions and expected results based on the application requirements
• Ability to review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards.
Process Capability Development
• Familiarity with business process design concepts and principles
People Development and Management
• Develop and mentor people, act as a career counselor and create a high performing organization (foster relationships, resolve conflicts, etc.).
Special Initiatives / Other
• Participate in / lead special projects as needed
• Support organization transformation and communication efforts.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE JOB (e.g., location, travelling, shift hours, etc.):
¨ Overtime when required
¨ Open plan office
¨ Support for stand-by problems.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE NECESSARY:
¨ Appropriate and recognised formal IT/Financial training
¨ Minimum 6 years solid Financial management experience
¨ Minimum 4 years at a Business Solutions Architect level
¨ Minimum 3 year project management experience
¨ Relevant training in business analysis and project management
¨ Experience in the following areas would be an advantage
¨ Oracle Financials (AP, GL, FA, CM)
¨ Financial Planning and Budgeting (Hyperion)
¨ Management Accounting
¨ Deploying best practices in Accounting
¨ Enterprise Performance Management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
¨ Deep functional and project knowledge of Finance and Financial planning systems
¨ Detailed understanding of Application Development processes and procedures
¨ Capable of managing complex projects across domains
¨ Will be responsible for creating a testing process/methodology for the unit
¨ Good knowledge regarding system development and maintenance methodologies and tasks
¨ Strong oral and written communication skills, including the preparation of standardised PMO documentation
¨ People Management
¨ Project Management
Professional Skill Requirements
• Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Strong supervisory, coaching and project management skills
• Must display professionalism and confidence
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proven global expertise and perspective; executive level presence and influence
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
• Excellent business acumen and industry acumen
Our people are our most important asset and as such we are continuously expanding our capability programs to provide you with opportunities to build and extend your professional, technical/functional and management skills. Continuous learning takes place through a broad variety of opportunities and type of work. Access to the latest technological innovations and Accenture’s knowledge and expertise constitute a superb platform for your professional development. Your learning program will be determined by the requirements of your specific role but will usually involve specialized skills as well as personal and leadership development. You will work with your supervisor to determine what skills you need and how to build them.
Job Industry Specific
Primary LocationSouth Africa-Woodmead
Organization Outsourcing for Accenture Clients (Services)