Accountability International is an independent research and advocacy think tank organization, holding leaders accountable for the commitments they have made to respond to health needs. ACCOUNTABILITY INTERNATIONAL was established in 2005 with the mission to follow up on commitments to the HIV/AIDS epidemic that were made by governments. Our work has since expanded to sexual and reproductive health and rights, malaria, tuberculosis, and non-communicable diseases, as well as underlying causes such as inequality and discrimination. We work on holding all leaders accountable, such as business, civil society, funding partners and bi and multi-lateral development organizations. ACCOUNTABILITY INTERNATIONAL is non-partisan and non-confessional.
Accountability International is seeking to appoint a Communication & Resource Mobilisation Manager with research competence to our Cape Town secretariat. The person will be responsible for doing the necessary communication externally as well internally to staff. Assisting the Executive Director on Resource Mobilisation is the other part of the job.
Job Title: Communication & Resource Mobilisation Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
This person will, besides the professional skills, also bring understanding of Health, Human Rights and Social Justice issues.
The position is set to a 60 % employment (three days a week in average)
- Management role
- Oversee all new comms projects from start to finish
- -Be able to manage a number of brands that fall under AI which all need various levels of attention
- Management of suppliers and constant communications with them
- Understanding the costs and timings involved across the various jobs that are required
- Overall management of the Accountability International branding
- Overseeing all internal communication needs of the organisation
- Creative role
- A very hands on approach needed with the conceptualisation and creation of content
- Concept creation and brainstorming with consultants (like HokaHey).
- The ability to understand the various media platforms we utilise and how to apply the relevant content appropriately.
- Editing role
- Edit and proof read almost all of the documents that are released from AI
- Create and write content for all aspects of comms for AI, these include: social media posts, marketing collateral, digital copy for the website and newsletters.
- Edit and add to the AI website
- Identifying financial partners
- Together with ED and other fundraising staff identify possible donors among bilaterals, multilaterals and philanthropic foundations (and similar).
- Focus on possible AI core funding
- Primarily, but not only, work on the African based potential financial partners to AI
- Arrange meetings, together with AI ED and other Senior Staff with some of the above identified
All these tasks and activities are expected to be done in a timely, consistent and high-quality manner with professionalism, integrity, honesty and excellence and in collaboration with the other researchers and staff.
- Minimum 10-year job experience in Communication and/or Resource Mobilisation work
- Research experience/knowledge is meriting
- Experience from work in human rights, health, social justice, governance, sexual reproductive health and rights, is meriting
- Experience in working in partnership with civil society actors and advocates;
- Experience from working in an international organization is an asset.
- Attention to detail
- A solid understanding of web design and WordPress is required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English – other languages an asset;
- A manifest commitment to the human rights part of the ACCOUNTABILITY INTERNATIONAL agenda;
- Research literacy – must understand the core work of ACCOUNTABILITY INTERNATIONAL;
- Willingness to perform simpler office jobs, like copying and putting reports together – we are a small staff group.
- Optimism and openness to new ideas and occasionally to travel.
To apply, please send a full CV, together with a supporting statement of no more than one side of A4, briefly highlighting your experience and skills and why you think you are the right person for Accountability International, to [email protected] before November 23, 2018.
Application Deadline: 23rd November, 2018