Posted on :
26 Mar, 2014
26 Mar, 2014
This role will provide a comprehensive administration function to the SBU through providing an efficient administration and co-ordination service to the General Manager and Divisional team members. This role plays an important supportive, organizational and administrative role for the Operations teams.
The person in this role will be a key team member who will ensure that communication flows effectively among team members through the co-ordination of a number of activities.
This role will report to the GMO, Warren Cartwright
• A certificate, diploma or alternative qualification preferably in Office administration
Knowledge, Skills and Experience • 2 years’ experience performing an administrative or supportive role within an office
• Ability to work with figures, and an understanding of basic financial control principles
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English, and fluency in another official language will be a definite advantage.
• The ability to interact effectively at all levels, and to project a favourable image of the company.
• Computer literacy to a high advanced level (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet)
• Analysing and generating relevant weekly and monthly reports in order to further our Operations objectives.
• Preparing and handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence, minutes and documents,
• Organizing functions/meetings and appointments
• All other general office functions
• Ordering stationary and consumables,
• The monthly reconciliation’s of Operations accounts (Expense accounts, Auto Card, Revamp Casuals, and Advertising/Bromides etc).
• Scheduling of meetings for team members,
• Collating and distributing minutes/memorandums following meetings,
• Executing and coordinating all travel arrangements,
• Ensuring the reception to the office reflects Phadima through effective customer service and professional answering of the switchboard.
Other The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of accuracy. The position will require the successful candidate to address the demands of a number of individuals and therefore multi- tasking will be a key competence displayed. The successful candidate will also need to be well organized and logical, and have a natural flair for administration. He/She will also need to have excellent communication skills. They will also need to be thorough, with excellent attention to detail, and will possess well-developed organizational skills. The position will require the ability to work to deadlines and to smoothly and efficiently deal with numerous and complex issues, so time management skills and the ability to cope with pressure will also be very important.
If you feel you meet the above requirements for this position, please submit your application or you can submit your CV to by email to Beatrice Mataitsane(HR) at [email protected] or fax no. 086 663 2227 or 012 683 1051.
|Job Title||Office Administrator|
|Department||Operations – Divisional Operations|
|Reporting To Position||Manager|
|Job Type Classification||Contract to Permanent|
|Number of Positions||01|
|Location – Town / City||Gauteng|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
Closing date: 28 March 2014
Please note: Should you not be contacted or liaised with four weeks after the closure of the advert, you have regretfully been unsuccessful.
Please note: In terms of the Ackermans policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to internal applicants who meet the competencies and minimum requirements for the position. Preference will also be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.