Acorn Education is a non-profit company specifically set-up to be a School Operating Partner as part of Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme. At Acorn Education, we aim to transform the lives of learners across our collaboration schools. More than twenty years after democracy, high performing schools in South African townships are the exception.
Their aim is to change this landscape and support no-fee public schools in their journey to become excellent and provide the highest quality education to the most underserved communities. At Acorn Education, They aim to transform the lives of their learners and they do whatever it takes to make this dream a reality.
Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Location: Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to fundraise on behalf of Acorn Education and our network of no-fee schools.
Remuneration: Acorn Education will pay a monthly basic salary with benefits. The successful candidate will be entitled to a commission of 5% of the annual net funds raised.
- The precise areas of responsibility for this post will be agreed based around your skills and the needs of the school, but it is anticipated that you will be able to:
- Develop a fundraising strategy to be approved by the Board of Directors
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team and across the organisation to understand funding requirements and develop plans and execute them to raise the required funds
- Coordinate and manage fundraising, comprising community, trusts, corporates, major donors, bequests and digital fundraising, across the organisation
- Build relationships with current and potential funders and sponsors, including key donors, charitable trusts, corporate social investment funds, foundations and other institutional funders, as well as high profile and high net worth individuals
- Develop new and innovative ways to engage and grow all donor partnerships.
- Research funding sources (both national and international), oversee the development of fundraising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the organisation
- Reach a set annual target
- Network and attend events to create opportunities for Acorn Education
- Visit potential donors to promote our cause
- Write and approve funding applications, as well as progress reports to funders, ensure all are captured on the donor database
- Lead and manage fundraising events/activities
- Necessary qualification criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- SA driver’s license (code 8) and own vehicle essential
- Must be a South African national or possess a permanent resident permit
- Minimum working experience of 5 years in related field
- Show evidence of actual income raised from previous experience
- Good working knowledge of non-profit organisations, community development, as well as business experience, will serve as strong recommendations
- An excellent command of English language, both written and spoken and impeccable communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self -driven, motivated and self – directed
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to manage confidential information in an appropriate manner
- A proven track record
- Well-groomed, highly organised, self-motivated and displays highly ethical and professional behaviour at all times
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a high functioning team
- Achievement of annual target through new business and existing donor development
- No criminal record- candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check
Please submit an updated CV with references and a cover letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Saturday, 1 February, 2020