Action Aid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty. ActionAid South Africa (AASA) was established in May 2006 and is a part of ActionAid International, an anti-poverty agency working towards a world free from poverty and injustice. An experienced and focused fundraising consultant is required to help with our AASA’s operational plan, research, identify and secure large donor funding (above R48 000 annually), including the planning, development and submission of high quality fundraising proposals to a range of trusts & foundations, high net worth individuals (HNWI), corporate and institutional donors.
Job Title: Large Donor Fundraiser
Main duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Extensive proven experience of putting together and packaging high quality project fundraising proposals for presentation to target Trusts & Foundations, HNWI (middle and major),
- Corporates and showing clear evidence of success in securing funding over this period.
- Experience of working with and engaging senior staff, CEOs and board members in donor/client relationships
- Work closely with the Country Director, Head of Fundraising and International Fundraising Team to assess the current fundraising climate, develop a strategic plan for ActionAid South Africa’s large donor fundraising & strategic plans.
- Provide funding information to the ActionAid South Africa and International Fundraising teams to guide in the development of the Quarterly, Annual and long-term plans and budget
- Manage a portfolio of large donors and prospective donors involving regular face-to-face meetings, ask meetings, delivery of pitches and updates on ActionAid’s work globally.
- Maintain and develop individual cultivation strategies for each donor in the portfolio, moving donors along the ‘prospect pipeline’ and making sure that donors are not stuck at the cultivation stage.
- Ensure the delivery of timely narrative and financial reports for donors that clearly identify project outcomes and meet the donors’ reporting requirements
- Monitor results and activities against budgets and plans and report to the Country Director at regular intervals
- Identify improvements to the supporter database and financial processing that will improve relationships with large donors.
- Ensure the use of the Contract Management System as a database, for reporting, document management and workflow/activity management system
- Ensure constant monitoring and refine a supporter retention strategy to build lasting relationships with financial supporter
- Be aware of and promote the importance of brand protection within the region
- Ensure validation and strategic dissemination of report
- Analyse research findings to help shape policy recommendations
- Relevant (degrees) qualification in Marketing/Fundraising or related field
- Experience in fundraising or in a consumer mass market marketing environment, NGO environment
The ideal candidate should have the following experiences:
- Proven financial management and analytical skills including experience in planning and budgets and management
- Human rights and development communications approaches (communications activism).
- An ability to speak and write fluently in English and at least one other South African language
- Network and alliance building skills and experience
- Drivers licence is essential
- Has personal direction and is not easily sidetracked by details or workload.
Please send your CV’s/Proposal to: [email protected]. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2020
NB: Only South African citizens or individuals with permanent residency should apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have received feedback within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.