Action Aid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
Job Title: Fundraising Intern
Job Location: Johannesburg
An attractive remuneration package is offered, in relation to experience
ActionAid South Africa seeks a suitably qualified candidate who will join the Fundraising Unit as an Intern and but also in the implementation and monitoring of programmes. You must be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with experience in event coordination, including logistic support.
Main Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Conduct prospect research for new donor relationships.
- Screen potential relationships by alignment to short- and long-term organizational goals.
- Identify and generate quality leads across funder generation activities (donor and non-donor).
- Attend relevant events, conferences and meetings to grow network base.
- Initiate contact with prospective corporates and enterprises.
- Facilitate engagement with new funding partners and cross sell the AASA brand.
- Oversee the administration of new leads, funders and/or partners in liaison with Programs team and Head of Fundraising.
- Support the Programs Leads in developing funding pipeline.
- Suggest and support alternative / innovative funding mechanisms to increases sources of funding for AASA.
- Minimum of a completed Marketing / Social Sciences degree from a recognized institution.
- Or equivalent work-related experience.
- A certificate in business development or fundraising would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate should have experience in:
- At least 1years’ experience in the NGO / development sector
- At least 1 years’ experience in events management, programme area
- Working knowledge of fundraising
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good writing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Driver’s License
Behavioral competencies and skills
- An opinion shaper and a good team player and the wider community
- An ability to work on several projects at once
- Must have not have any criminal record and not been involved in any case of sexual harassment or violation of children rights
- Be above age of 18 years and completed school
- Resident of the area, Johannesburg
- Genuinely interested in community development projects/programme
- Flexible and tactical
- Reliable and dependable;
- Knowledgeable about and sensitive to local cultural and religious beliefs and practices;
- High level of integrity, honesty and trustworthy
- Show initiative and be self-motivated
- Fluency in English is required, as well as at least one other South African language
Applications should be sent with your CV and a one page motivation letter to: [email protected] by no later than Friday,14 September 2018 at 16h00pm
Preference will be given to South African citizens. All applications will be considered on their individual merit.
ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.