Posted on :
19 May, 2014
19 May, 2014
Reference Number: LG 6/2014
Component Provincial Government
Core Title: Administration Clerk (5 positions available)
Component: Integrated Development Planning, Cape Town
Department: Local Government
Reference number: LG 6/2014
• Grade 12 (or equivalent qualification) – NQF 4;
• A valid driver’s licence.
• A minimum of 1 year relevant experience;
• Secretariat experience.
Key performance areas:
• Provide secretarial and administrative support
• Ordering and tracking of goods and services in line with departmental policies and procedures
• Maintaining filing systems and ensuring the safekeeping of all correspondence
• Attend, record and transcribe minutes of meetings
• Organise meetings, make travel arrangements including the processing of travel and subsistence claims
• Preparation and distribution of documents for meetings
• Assisting with monitoring and reporting on Sub-Directorate’s Budget & Expenditure
• Monitoring and assisting with quarterly performance reporting
• Liaising with municipalities and other Directorate clients.
• A good understanding of the following:
o Integrated Development Planning policy, legislation and guiding manuals;
o Basic Financial Management and Public Financial Management legislation;
o Integrated Development Planning environment;
• Working knowledge of Integrated Development Planning (IDP);
• Good communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
• Proven computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Email).
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: R 123 738 – R 145 758 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 5
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2014 @ 16h00
ENQUIRIES: Mr Josiah Lodi at (021) 483 2859/ Ms Fezeka Mabusela at (021) 483 3284
Salary R 123 738 – R 145 758 per annum
Closing Date 2014-05-30