Posted on :
25 Feb, 2014
25 Feb, 2014
Reference Number DOTP 7/2014
Component Provincial Government
Core Title: Administrative Officer (Resource Centre)
Component: Training, Curriculum Development and Quality Assurance, Kromme Rhee Stellenbosch
Reference number: DOTP 7/2014
To manage the Resource Centre at Kromme Rhee.
• Appropriate B-degree (or equivalent qualification) – NQF 6 which includes Library and Information Science;
• A minimum of 2 years relevant experience, preferable within a Resource Centre or appropriate environment.
• A valid driver’s licence;
• Working knowledge of research methodologies;
• Working knowledge of information and knowledge management. .
Key performance areas:
• Enhance and maintain the resource centre;
• Assist with research, information and knowledge management as related to the resource centre and its supporting role;
• Provide customer service, promote awareness, events and communication to market the Centre;
• Handle general administrative duties pertaining to the Resource Centre.
• Knowledge of the following:
o Library management as well as electronic information resources and online retrieval;
o Applicable policies, legislation, guidelines, and best practices in the field of information and knowledge;
• Proven computer literacy (MS Office);
• Good communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province;
• Web navigation, research, statistics and stock taking skills.
• Outstanding planning and organizing skills.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Click here to apply online
SALARY: R 170 799 – R 201 195 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 7
CLOSING DATE: 28 February 2014 @ 16h00
ENQUIRIES: Mr J Van Der Westhuizen at (021) 865 8008
Salary R 170 799 – R 201 195 per annum
Closing Date 2014-02-28