Posted on :
10 Mar, 2016
AECI Limited would like to appoint 70 unemployed Learners to train in a Chemical Operations (NQF 2) qualification. The Learnership period will be of 12 months duration. Company: AECI
Job Title: Learnerships
Job Type Classification: Learnership
Number of Positions: 70
Location – Town / Site: Gauteng
Location – Province: Gauteng
Location – Country: South Africa
The training will involve both Chemical Operations theory and a practical component at various AECI operations in the Gauteng area.
AECI is an explosives and specialty chemicals company domiciled in South Africa. Group businesses service the mining and manufacturing sectors both locally and internationally.
The focus for growth is on Africa, South America and South East Asia.
AECI’s businesses are characterised by application know-how and service delivery.
They often operate in niche markets and are supported by leading technology which is developed in-house or is sourced from international partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated in Chloorkop or Modderfontein Complex for a period of approximately 2 months.
• Undertake Plant Operator experiential training with a Chemical Plant environment.
• Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
• Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 2 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
Qualifications & Experience
• Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science.
• Age group 18 – 25 years.
• Ability to work within a Chemical Plant environment.
• Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
• Communication skills.
• Team Work.
• Attention to detail.
Closing Date: 18 March 2016