Posted on :
16 Jan, 2020
16 Jan, 2020
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is one of South Africa’s largest independent, interdisciplinary research institutes. AHRI aims to become a source of fundamental discoveries into the susceptibility, transmission and cure of HIV and TB and related diseases, seeking ways to improve diagnosis, prevention and treatment. AHRI’s principal funders are Wellcome Trust and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Our academic partners are University College London and the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Job Title: Pharmacology Laboratory Technician
Reference: # DURPHARMLABTECH001JAN2020
Duration: 12 Months(Part-time)
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
AHRI has an exciting position available for a Part-time Pharmacology Laboratory Technician. The technician’s main responsibility is to perform the high-quality sample processing required for reliable analysis LC-MS techniques. He/ She will also assist with a variety of routines duties within the Core.
1. A BSc in Biochemistry, Chemistry or other relevant degree, or BTech in Analytical Chemistry
1. 2 year relevant laboratory experience is desired.
2. Experience with HPLC and mass spectrometric techniques.
3. Preparation of laboratory reagents and calibration standards.
4. Experience with clinical samples would be an advantage.
5. Computer skills – Spreadsheets, word processing and Powerpoint.
Skills and Knowledge Required
1. Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
2. Accuracy and precision.
3. Must be able to work under pressure.
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and also valid work permit/visa holders.
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Application Deadline: 31/01/2020