Posted on :
26 May, 2021
26 May, 2021
The Statistician II will work on a project that will compare national COVID diagnostic testing systems across a range of countries including South Africa, to examine the impact on mortality, lockdown periods, and economic activity (the Optimising Coronavirus Testing Systems study https://www.octs.info/). The position will be primarily based at the Somkhele site, Mtubatuba, but may be expected to make occasional visits to the Durban site.
Job Title: Statistician II
Location: Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: SOM/STAT/006/2021/MAY
Contract Type: Contract 12 Months
Salary: Market Related
The Statistician II will be part of the Biostatistics department at AHRI,.
1. A postgraduate qualification (MSc or PhD) in statistics
1. 2 years’ practical experience of working as an applied medical statistician.
2. Experience of advanced quantitative data analysis
3. Experience analysing health information from demographic surveillance and/or routine data collection
4. Excellent knowledge of a statistical software package (e.g, R, Stata or SAS)
5. Experience of data linkage and good understanding of data linkage methods would be an advantage
6. Good understanding of relational databases
7. Working knowledge of database management software
1. Numeracy, pattern recognition
2. Good planning, organisational and administrative skills
3. Problem analysis and assessment
4. Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
5. Information gathering and monitoring
Please note that only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work visa holders.
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Application Deadline: 09/06/2021