Posted on :
30 Oct, 2020
30 Oct, 2020
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is a multidisciplinary, independent research institute based across two sites in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Our goal is to become a source of fundamental discoveries into the susceptibility, transmission and cure of HIV, TB and related diseases.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Durban (Frequent Travel to Somkhele Campus)
The AHRI Procurement Manager is responsible for the Procurement of all materials, equipment and services pertaining to AHRI including the administrative, support and research units.
1. BCom (Hons) or equivalent, specialising in SCM or Commerce OR
2. B-degree with Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
1. Five years buying experience in a Procurement Profession.
2. Previous experience in dealing with all aspects of the purchasing cycle.
3. Senior buying experience in a Procurement Profession.
4. Experience of handling the purchase of goods and services through the competitive bidding (tender) process.
5. Experience in the Medical Industry is beneficial.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Computer literate, sound knowledge of Excel
3. Must be able to work with minimum supervision
4. Must be able to work under pressure
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills
6. Creative, can take initiative, can solve problems.
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 20/11/2020