Chief Safety Officer Job Opportunities
Dwarsrivier Mine, a member of the Assmang Group, has vacancy for a Chief Safety Officer. The mine is situated about 60 kilometers from Lydenburg in the Limpopo Province.
Minimum Job Requirements
- COMSOC 1 and 2 qualification.
- Practical Risk and Safety Management.
- Accredited Auditor (ISO and OSHAS).
- Valid Blasting Certificate for scheduled/metalliferous mines and/or recognised engineering trade certificate and/or recognised processing qualification (SS 2 or above) is required.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Code 08 (EB) Driver’s Licence.
- Accident Investigations (ICAM/RCAT/SCAT)
- Experience as a Safety/Risk/Standards Officer in the mining industry.
- National Diploma NADSAM / Risk Management / Safety Management.
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competence or Mine Overseer’s Certificate.
- Experience as a Chief Safety Officer.
- Experience as a Miner/Artisan/Process Team Leader.
- Experience as Operations Supervisor/Foreman/Process Leader.
- Proven track record in terms of implementing safety systems.
- Responsible for development, implementation and management of safety and risk control systems and programmes.
- Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and the provision of a safety advisory and reporting service to the operation.
- Co-ordinating safety inspections and audits.
- Monitoring safety and risk control programmes.
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility meets legal requirements.
- Co-ordinating incident investigations and reports.
- Co-ordination, implementation and application of risk control measures.
- Budget and cost management.
- Co-ordination of OSHAS 18001/ISO 9001 systems.
- Training and development of employees.
- Maintaining statistical data.
- Liaison with key stakeholders.
How to Apply for Chief Safety Officer Vacancies
Click on this link to apply online