Afrika Tikkun is an international nonprofit organisation that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African Townships. Its aim is to empower communities to develop new generations of productive citizens.
Job Title: Health Care Worker
Location: PHUTHADITJABA CENTRE – ALEXANDRA.
Reports to: Social Worker
The purpose of this posotion is to provide health care services and medical testing and screening to the elderly people at the centre.
- Undertakes basic diagnostic tests such as blood pressure, Glucose test, Cholesterol tests.
- Awareness sessions with AT elderly on following topics
- PHC such as STI’s, Respiratory infections, wound care etc.
- Medical Male Circumcision) MMC
- Participation in health promotion, disease prevention, screening, and chronic disease management & prevention through effective communication and counseling
- Encourage those making use of clinic facilities to undergo HIV testing
- Work with health promoters and PHC officer in the clinics coordinating national health calendar events.
- Submit relevant reports on these statistics as per company procedures
- Conduct home visits to all the registered elderly and writing of all the visit and actions taken.
- Door to door delivery of nutritious meals in lunchboxes to the homebound
- Writing of all the visit and actions taken
- Check general wellbeing and encourage clients to adhere to prescribe treatment
- To work well with the CBO’S that work with the elderly.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Must have qualified and registered as a Home Based Care Worker.
- Minimum of 3 years working as a health care worker.
- Ability to speak other African languages
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to email their CV to at [email protected] or alternatively fax application details to 086 668 0542.
Application Deadline: Friday, 13 September, 2019