A vacancy exists for a Maintenance Superintendent – Roodekop Filling Unit reporting to the Unit Manager Roodekop, IB Marais based in Roodekop. This position is responsible for providing the business with a maintenance service and system that ensures that all plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with all legal and company requirements.
The successful applicant should be in possession of a relevant trade (Trade Test) or technical qualification (BTech / BSc Mechanical/Electrical degree/diploma preferred) with several years maintenance management experience. This includes proficiency in preventative maintenance, maintenance planning, project & financial management. Strong problem solving & people management skills as well as knowledge of SHEQ is a prerequisite. Competence in MS Office is required & experience in SAP would be an advantage.
Further competencies required include strategic thinking, employee development and empowerment, visible leadership, cross cultural communication and collaboration.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Providing a preventative maintenance service to ensure that breakages or breakdowns do not disrupt the functioning of the business
- Providing routine maintenance to ensure that equipment meets company & legal requirements
- Providing a breakdown maintenance service for the repair of adhoc breakdowns & breakages
- Analysing all breakdowns & putting systems in place in order to minimize breakdowns
- Managing & controlling maintenance budget
- Managing & controlling the maintenance store for optimum & cost effective use of stores items
- Preparing & managing the maintenance budget to ensure optimum returns on maintenance expenditure
- Managing projects to ensure that they are carried out safely & according to project scope
- Managing staff for the productive and competent delivery of a quality maintenance service
- Implementing & adhering to safety and health legislation, regulations, policies & procedures ensuring that all plant & equipment are in full compliance with legislation & company standards
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment are in full compliance with legislation and Afrox / BOC standards.
- Managing contractors (outsourced services) to ensure that contractual obligations are met & standards are maintained