Posted on :
23 Oct, 2013
A vacancy exists for a Retail Centre Assistant – Springbok, reporting to the Sales Centre Supervisor.
The main purpose of this position is to provide administrative, housekeeping and operational support to the Centre Supervisor to ensure the achievement of the Sales Centre goals.
The successful candidate must be in possession of a Matric qualification, code 08 license, computer literacy and preferably have 3 years relevant experience in the retail and selling environment.
Experience in dealing with customers and good communication skills will be an advantage.
The ideal candidate should display the following attributes: Pressure Tolerance, responsiveness, enthusiasm, energy, pro-activeness, sales aptitude and results orientation.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a psychometric aptitude test.
• Carry out key sales tasks and focus on achieving agreed sales targets
• Serve walk-in and telephone customers to achieve maximum sales
• Maintain the image of the retail centre to standard at all times
• Assist with loading merchandise and cylinders for customers
• Keep shelves and point of sale stocked according to merchandising and promotion guidelines
• Perform administrative duties in accordance with company systems, policies and procedures which will include banking, inventory control procedures and stock counts
• Maintain housekeeping and safety standards at the sales centre and yard
• Perform duties of preparing pallets for distribution vehicles, assisting with loading of vehicles, forklift operations, housekeeping of the yard and cylinder storage.
Closing date: 2013-10-25