Posted on :
27 Feb, 2018
The Agricultural Research Council-Animal Production Institute (ARC-API) seeks to appoint experienced and dynamic persons to the following positions: Internships X38: Kaonafatso ya Dikgomo – Beef Recording and Improvement Scheme positions (to be placed in all 9 provinces) (1-year contract)
The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is a premier science institution that conducts research with partners, develops human capital and foster innovation in support of the agricultural sector.
It provides diagnostic, laboratory, analytical, agricultural engineering services, postharvest technology development, agrochemical evaluation, consultation and advisory services, food processing technology services as well as various surveys and training interventions.
Through its wider network of research institutes and experimental farms, the ARC provides a strong scientific base and a broadly distributed technology transfer capacity to the entire agricultural industry in South Africa.
Key Performance Areas:
• Provide animal recording and improvement services to smallholder farmers.
• Participate in the training and recruitment of farmers and teams in Kaonafatso ya Dikgomo Beef Recording and Improvement Scheme.
• Visit farmers for beef recording and improvement purposes.
• Train new participants in different phases of beef schemes.
• Participate in focus sessions/meetings with farmers’ teams/individuals
• Collect information from all – possible sources to compile a database of current herd statistics and performance of livestock owned by resourced poor farmers to derive performance indicators.
• Participate in the provincial farmer support team to implement the project.
• Compile monthly reports.
• A National Diploma in Animal Production.
• Motivated and prepared to travel to farms and villages.
• Good human relations.
• Good communication skills (written and verbal).
NB: Applicants must indicate their preferred province.
Enquiries: Mr. DM Motiang, tel. (012) 672-9147
The closing date for applications is 01 March 2018 A competitive remuneration package will be congruent with the scope, responsibilities and the stature of the position.
Applications accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (including certificates, supporting documents, copy of nationality – NB: Non-RSA citizens/work permit holders must attach certified copies), as well as the names and particulars of three (3) traceable referees, should be forwarded to: Ms Ablina Chipa, ARCAPI, Private Bag X2 Irene, 0062must be made by e-mail at [email protected] SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who do not receive any response from us 4 weeks after the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
The Agricultural Research Council is an equal opportunity employer but is committed to the principles and processes of Employment Equity.
The company has the right not to appoint.
Further information on the ARC is available on the ARC website: http://www.arc.agric.za/careers