Posted on :
27 May, 2022
27 May, 2022
This is a grants management internship. The Grants Intern will provide effective research grants management support to the AHRI Grants & Contracts department through adequate delivery of the grants management portfolio, services, practices and procedures. This revolves around the life cycle of research grant projects. In addition, provide other general day-to-day support duties. The position requires high level analytical skills, be deadline driven, attention to detailed orientated and multi-tasking skills. AHRI’s operates at two sites i.e. Somkhele and Durban.
Job Title: Grants Intern
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: DUR/SOM/GRANTS/INTERN/MAY2022
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
1. The postholder will provide exceptional research grants administration support duties and smooth appropriation of awards during the grants management process.
2. Assist in compiling of Principle Investigator research grants reports (budget vs expenditure), allowability & allocability checks, funder compliance and reporting obligations.
3. Assist in completion and processing of documents and forms eg. journals, payroll change request forms, cost transfers etc.
4. Capturing and compiling information for reporting purposes for the projects.
5. Team meeting logistics, record keeping and follow-ups
6 .Other general support duties
1. 3-years Bcom/Bachelor of Accounting or related qualification
1.Microsoft Suite – Microsoft Excel, Word skills/experience required
1.Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
2.Accuracy and precision;
3.High computer literacy
5.Must be able to work under pressure;
1.Previous experience working in a research environment
Application Deadline: 29/05/2022