Posted on :
14 Sep, 2021
14 Sep, 2021
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is an independent, transdisciplinary scientific research institute based across two campuses in the province of KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) in South Africa.
Job Title: SANTHE Programme Manager
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: DUR/SANTHE/PROMAN/2/SEP2021
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
The Programme Manager is responsible for the management of a large international multi-year science
and training programme portfolio. This is a full-time position.
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
1. PhD in biological or health sciences
1. Minimum of 3 years post-doctoral scientific research experience is required, in addition to a
good publication record;
2. Minimum of 2 years team management experience;
3. Experience of preparing and managing budgets;
4. Evidence of successful postgraduate student supervision;
5. Experience of initiating and managing international collaborations.
6. Experience organizing symposia and scientific courses
Application Deadline: 28/09/2021