Posted on :
28 Jan, 2022
28 Jan, 2022
The Professional Nurse will be involved in several AHRI Clinical Research Projects.
job Title: Professional Research Nurse
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: DUR/PROFRESNUR/JAN2022
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
He/She is responsible for collecting specimens which will be analysed by medical laboratory personnel. He/She is responsible for practising nursing pathology and phlebotomy procedures by ensuring that the interaction with the patient is conducted with empathy and professionalism. He/She is responsible for general client and laboratory administration. The successful candidate will be based in our Durban Site.
1. Nursing Diploma
2. Current registration with the SANC and covered for professional indemnity e.g. DENOSA;
3. HPCSA Certified Phlebotomy training
4. Recognised HIV/AIDS counselling certification
5. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certification
6. Own vehicle and valid driver’s license. Must be a confident driver.
1. 4 years nursing experience with at least 2 years’ experience in phlebotomy
2. Previous research experience;
3. Paediatrics experience;
4. Experience in HIV teaching/training/pre and post-test counselling;
5. Computer literacy and experience working with MS Office packages
6. Experience with Paediatrics, and paediatric phlebotomy
1. Project Management and data collection experience
2. Surgical/Theatre experience
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 13/02/2022