Posted on :
16 Feb, 2022
AHRI has an exciting opportunity for an Education and training programme manager. The incumbent will report to the executive responsible for the education and training programme (i.e., the director for basic and translational science). They will be responsible for the management and day-to-day coordination of the academic education and training at AHRI.
The vision for this programme is to facilitate skills development and career progression for trainees, early/mid-career researchers and faculty.
Job Title: Education and training programme manager
Reference #: SOM/E&TPROGMAN/FEB2022
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
The programme manager will coordinate the recruitment of high-quality and diverse cadre of students and early to mid-career scientists, who will work under the direct supervision of AHRI faculty; implement an innovative training programme to support and supplement faculty-driven training; promote a nurturing and enabling environment of academic and professional support to enable AHRI students and early-mid career scientists to emerge as globally competitive scientists; coordinate professional support and coaching for faculty to enable optimal supervision and training; and to promote AHRI participation in collaborative capacity building initiatives relevant to the institutional strategy.
1. PhD in health sciences. PhD in social sciences, population sciences, epidemiology or clinical disciplines is preferred.
1. Minimum of 3 years post-doctoral scientific research experience is required, in addition to a good publication record;
2. Minimum of 2 years team management experience;
3. Experience of preparing and managing budgets;
4. Evidence of successful student supervision or co-supervision;
5. Experience of managing collaborations.
6. Experience organizing scientific meetings or courses
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 07/03/2022