Posted on :
11 Jun, 2014
DIVISION: TECHNICAL SUPPORT
LOCATION: HANGAR 2, SAA TECHNICAL, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
To optimize operations and maximise the use of all resources, whilst ensuring the timeous release of aircraft from maintenance, back into service with minimal disruptions. To use tools such as milestone charts, activity plans and project plans to explain goals and monitor project progress.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12/ Matric
2. BSc Engineering degree in the Mechanical or Aeronautical discipline would be an advantage/ AME Licence would also be suitable
3. Computer literacy is required in terms of database knowledge, interpretation of data, engineering design and technical drawing applications.
4. Previous aircraft design experience is favourable.
5. A “continuous improvement” and self-starting mind-set is essential.
6. Must be capable of motivating decision making using technical data and analysis of the relevant numbers.
1. To accurately track and strive to improve all maintenance aspects of aircraft inspections carried out by the Heavy Maintenance Team.
2. To develop a complete data base of every aspect of aircraft inspections to assist in future inspections and help with streamlining current processes. The following areas are important:
• The manpower, by trade, needed on the various inspections.
• The time taken to complete each individual inspection task.
• The time taken to do repetitive tasks in the shops.
• In conjunction with Stores – all tools, parts and consumables used.
3. Reviewing the heavy maintenance plan generated by the planning department and advising the CI HM of upcoming work
4. Develop a database for time taken to do repetitive tasks in the back shops to establish the correct manpower for the shops. Highlight to the department heads any change in trends in task times.
5. Liaise with Planning on any upcoming aircraft inspections, to receive the work pack from them as well as any SB’s and AD’s.
6. Create a Project Plan for each aircraft inspection which clearly reflects the manpower, critical path and any special parts, tooling or equipment requirements.
7. Distributed inspection project plans timeously to CI HM and crew chiefs.
8. Convene daily progress meetings with the crew chief overseeing each project and track the progress against the project plan. The salient points of the meetings must be recorded through the minutes and distributed to all parties concerned.
9. Liaise with the Procurement Officer and Rotable Controller with regards to parts ordered during the inspection. Advise the CI HM and crew chief of any part shortages or late deliveries
10. To highlight any changes in work trends to the persons responsible.
11. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
12. Will assist with any relevant additional tasks.
13. Will attend relevant training as and when instructed to do so.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: ANDY MACE
REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED: PPC – TS- HM – 0614
APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED TO: [email protected]
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: WEDNESDAY, 11 JUNE 2014
PLEASE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
To apply for any positions at Airlink, please download and fill in the Airlink Job Application Form.
This must be sent along with your CV to the fax number as indicated on the relevant advertisement.