To consult to the trustees of funds, assist in the daily managing and logistical control of the funds, to co-ordinate and facilitate between departments, with the ultimate objective of providing overall assistance and backup to the consultant.
- ensuring agenda are drafted, and all annexure are given to the consultant for approval 3 weeks prior to the meeting;
- ensure that agendas for meetings are collated, bound and distributed correctly 1 week before the meeting;
- attend trustees and Sub-Committee meetings, take minutes, ensure minutes are typed and given to consultant 1 week after meeting, and circulate minutes within 2 weeks of meeting;
- matters arising to be actioned within one month after meeting.
- distribution of information to trustees, insurance companies and asset managers
- processing payment of invoices;
- performing rebrokes annually – obtain quotes for new and existing business from insurers, prepare an analysis of the quotations and recommendation for discussion with the client;
- processing section 14′s – collating information, obtaining approval from financial services board, transferring members between funds;
- assist in drafting annual reports and preparation of financial statements;
- ad hoc typing and faxing;
- distributing rule amendments;
- obtaining signatures from clients when necessary ;
- issuing standard documents, such as quarterlies, surveys etc, timeously to clients;
- deal with external queries telephonically, by written correspondence or visits, as required or approved by the consultant;
- taking queries from members;
- liaising with trustees and other internal departments;
- communication to members,- draft communication, distribute information booklets, liaising with couriers of companies;
- communication to pensioners.
- liaising with communications department to ensure distribution of documentation;
- internal liaison between departments to ensure that funds run smoothly on a daily basis;
- ensure that all relevant departments are aware of trustees and sub-committee meeting dates, and that they are kept informed of subsequent changes; ensure that each department is aware of exactly what is required of them for these meetings, and ensure that the requirements are met timeously;
- communicate client instructions, problems or queries raised to all relevant departments, either by telephone, visit, memo, e mail, ensuring that a record is placed on file, and that the matter is satisfactorily dealt with.
- develop knowledge of the employee benefits industry and investment matters;
- keep abreast of changes in employee benefits industry.
Assist The Consultant In Managing Funds
Facilitating And Co-Coordinating Internal Departments
Bcom (Economics, Econometrics, Insurance etc), BA Law etc
IISA certificates, Fpi /part Fpi advantage
Conditions of the Programme:
- You must be an unemployed South African citizen
- The programme is for a period of 1 year in partnership with INSETA
- Applicants should understand, and aspire to work in the insurance industry
How to apply Should you wish to apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter and the internship application form to Nadira Shaboodien Adam on [email protected] or fax (021- 415 5501) by Monday 2nd July 2012.