Posted on :
2 Nov, 2010
2 Nov, 2010
Alexander Forbes is a leading provider of financial, risk and insurance and multi-manager investment solutions internationally. The primary operations are based in South Africa and the United Kingdom. Alexander Forbes South Africa Recruits Engineer
Primary Location : MEA-ZA-Gauteng
Target Start Date : Dec 1, 2010
Number of Openings : 1
Position Summary and Primary Objectives
• All aspects of Server Support for Microsoft Server environment
• MOM/SCOM administration
• Designing custom Management Packs
• MOM/SCOM reporting
• Working with different technology owners to monitor technologies.
• Configuring automated proactive alerting.
• Responding to Client requests
• Call resolution from start to finish
• System Maintenance and executing scheduled tasks
• Report writing
• Standard Operating Procedures documentation.
• Change Control Administration.
• 3rd Party Management
• Problem Resolution and Troubleshooting.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities
• Working within a support team to support and maintain the IT infrastructure of the company’s clients.
• Installation, configuration and administration of Microsoft Windows 2003 / 2008 server.
• Installation, configuration and administration of Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 / SCOM Server.
• Installation, configuration and administration of Microsoft SQL 2005 and SQL Reporting Services.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory , Microsoft Exchange , Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Clustering.
• Scripting with VB and Powershell
• Design and customization of Management packs.
Requirements: Education, Training and Experience
• Minimum 3 years experience working on Microsoft Technologies is required
• MCSE 2003 qualification is essential.
• MCIPT is an advantage.
• ITIL Foundation
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
• Customer focused
• Ability to work under pressure