A vacancy exists within the Global Security Department at Corporate Office for a Global Security Manager – Compliance and Assurance.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Security and/or Risk Management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a multi-national environment, with security management and risk specialisation. Experience within Mining will be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- Knowledge of compliance, regarding regulatory requirements that govern the security industry (including security service providers).
- Proven experience in project management of complex projects.
- Geo-political risk analysis experience would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in French and/or Spanish languages would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management skills
- Networking skills
Accountabilities of the role include:
- Formulation and implementation of the Global Security objectives and standards.
- Identification, analysis and interpretation of security risks within the organization.
- Design and implementation of strategies aimed at mitigating risk and preventing loss of lives and assets.
- Implementation of the Security Compliance and Assurance requirements, as part of the Global Security Framework.
- Establishment and maintenance of a security methodology that supports strategic intelligence and analysis, as well as business and competitive intelligence.
- Maintenance of an effective network, internally and externally, to analyze and influence security risk management and forecasting.
- Establishment of global networks to stay abreast of developments on security risk trends, that will assist in proactively managing potential security risk.
- Ensuring that the Security Compliance and Assurance function is positioned as a valued contributor to the broader Global Security function, as well as positioned as a valued provider of specialist technical advice and support with regard to Security risk, intelligence and situational awareness management.
- Implementation and auditing of standards, to negate security threat and risk
- Establishment of sustainable processes regarding implementation of appropriate systems and tools that will assist in identifying, assessing and ranking security risk.
- Providing of specialist counsel, including support to stakeholders of AngloGold Ashanti.
Vice President: Global Security
A market-related package commensurate with the experience and track record of the candidate is offered.
You are invited to submit your application, in writing, giving full details of qualifications and experience to the Corporate Office’s Human Resources Department, for the attention of Devashni Rajdave ([email protected]).
Please note that applicants not contacted by 12th June 2012, should consider their application unsuccessful
Applications Close: 11/05/2012 6:00 PM