Anova Health Institute is a leading not for profit organisation in South Africa and a major partner in capacity building and the provision of technical support to the South African Department of Health (DoH).
Job Title: TB Specialist
Job Location: Parktown, Johannesburg.
Ref No: PR/00718/03
The purpose of the TB Specialist is to lead Anova’s TB programme at primary healthcare facilities and hospitals across supported districts to provide strategic leadership, skills development, stakeholder liaison and research.
- Strategic Leadership of Anova’s TB care and treatment programme with regards to comprehensive clinical services delivered either at the hospital or at primary healthcare facilities- This includes the decentralisation of drug-resistant TB services programme
- Facilitate skills development programmes on drug-sensitive & drug-resistant TB care and treatment
- High level programme implementation support with specific focus on quality of clinical care
- Provide TB expert clinical care
- Stakeholder collaboration & engagement
- Medical Specialist or General Practitioner with post graduate degree (Family Medicine, MPH or equivalent)
- 10 years’ clinical experience in TB medicine, including management of drug-resistant TB
- Experience working in donor funded programmes
- Facilitation, training and mentoring experience
- Experience in writing and presenting technical documents
- Ability to formulate relevant working relationships and networks
- Research experience is advantageous
- Driver’s license and willingness to use own car
- Willing to travel as and when required
- Registered with the HPCSA
To apply, submit your CV and motivation letter to Khanyisile Kheswa at [email protected] and quote the above reference number on the subject line.
Application Deadline: 31st Dec, 2018