Posted on :
10 Jul, 2014
10 Jul, 2014
Coega has an Apprenticeship Automation Technician (EE) Opportunity.
Contract Position in the Electrical construction, instrumentation and associated engineering Industry.
Duties: Benefits: Stipend, standby, cellphone, shift allowance, Leave, etc.
Minimum Required Qualification
• Matric with Mathematics and Science
• N2 Electronics/ Instrumentation / Automation / Electrical Certificate from Technical Collage
• Electrical/electronic/digital systems background advantageous
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Learn and Support Automation technician with all PLC automation and HMI/SCADA integration
• Support the maintenance of all electrical machinery and instrumentation
• Support automation technician with all automation projects and general technical support functions
• Assist with development, maintenance and improvement of PLC and HMI programs as per Process, Production and Operational requirements.
• Assist with scheduling all automation-related checks, preventive maintenance, regular calibrations and installations as per standards and requirements.
• Support utility management to ensure optimum plant availability.
• Assist with instrumentation and electrical equipment repairs/maintenance.
• Assist with management of automation parts procurement and utilization of critical and non-critical spares, tools and consumables.
• Attend to automation, instrumentation breakdowns and planned maintenance.
• Assist with installation, configuration and commissioning of new equipment.
Closing : 18 Jul 2014