AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology.
AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Job Title: TB Quality Improvement Officer (Sub-district level)
Location: Eastern Cape – Buffalo City Metro
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities are implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts).
The Quality Improvement Officer will be based Eastern Cape, Buffalo City Metro.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing sub-district TB Quality Improvement Plan and logical framework
- Developing project work plan for TB QI activities at sub-district level
- Facilitating the development of Quality Improvement Plans for facilities and hospitals in the sub-district
- Facilitating the establishment of Quality Improvement teams at sub-district and facility levels
- Conducting QI Learning Sessions and other relevant capacity building activities for sub-district managers, facility leaders and managers
- Conducting QI capacity building activities for relevant TB health providers at community level on the model for improvement
- Facilitating TB QI baseline assessments and QIPs in facilities
- Monitoring and supporting the implementation of QIPs and compiling progress reports
- Providing TB QI technical support to relevant managers at all levels
- Mentoring staff at facility level on TB QI implementation
- Supporting and mentoring data capturers on data-related QI activities
- Planning, coordinating and facilitating sub- district TB – QI collaborative activities
- Conducting regular data quality and clinical audits in collaboration with relevant team members
- Conducting DR-TB quality audits and rapid assessments in the sub-district
- Compiling reports and providing feedback to at facility and all other levels
- Supporting facilities and sub-district in sustaining improvements
- Conducting Continuous Quality Improvement premised on Health Information Systems and ensuring the use of data for program improvement
- Regularly attend QI meetings at facility, sub-district level, for feedback and ongoing assessment of QI needs
- A degree in Nursing, Public Health or related field including experience working in DoH or Global Fund TB and HIV related programs
- Demonstrated success in leading formal quality improvement activities at facility, sub-district or district level using proven models for QI is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in the implementation of relevant TB, HIV and QI program activities in South Africa
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and usage of data for program quality improvement
- Experience in conducting formal training programs is a necessity
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to rapidly process and analysis data using MS Excel are required
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are required
- Excellent presentation skills and recent experience in conducting presentations.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment. No emailed submissions will be accepted.
Application Deadline: before the 3rd December 2020