AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology.
AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Job Title: TB Quality Improvement Advisor
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA (Level 9, notch 6) for this position.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint TB Quality Improvement Advisor to be based in OR Tambo District.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The QI advisor will be deployed as an embedded officer in the district and in that capacity, will provide close support to the team. The QI Advisor must be able teach the basic tools of QI, facilitate QI teams leading to the development, testing and implementation of those high impact changes. The activities of the QI advisor will be overseen by the Senior Quality Improvement Advisor based in the national office who will provide additional support to coordinate the work portfolio, adapt the implementation design as needed, analyze the impact of changes tested and help to spread best practices across the districts. Primary responsibilities of the QI Advisor include, but are not limited to:
Building capability: data trainings and quarterly learning sessions
- Develop the driver diagram to guide the implementation of TB-QI project in the district
- Develop overall district work plan for the TB-QI project with clear roles and responsibilities
- The QI Advisor will assist with learning materials development, review and implementation
- The QI Advisor will work hand in hand with the District and subdistrict leadership on preparations for all district level trainings and learning sessions
- QI Advisor will participate and assist with teaching in all district level learning sessions to make sure that all Collaboratives are being run in a similar manner or support under the guidance of the Senior QI Advisor.
- QI Advisor will assist data experts to train data capturers to improve the quality and reliability of data used by QI teams to assess the effect of changes
- QI Advisor will Build relationships and work closely with Program Managers, Quality Assurance managers, Coordinators and other stakeholders (DSPs) at the district and facility level
QI Coaching and Mentoring:
- QI Advisor will provide onsite technical support through some joint site visits (at the time of sub-district Learning Sessions) with the district coaches to help ensure a standardized QI approach across the South Africa health system.
- QI Advisor will provide virtual technical support
- QI Advisor will provide deep and timely support as district leader in coaching and mentoring QI teams and spreading best practices between sub districts
Analysis and Data Review
- QI Advisor will assist with baseline data collection, data quality assessments (DQAs) and analysis for district and facilities
Administration & documentation
- QI Advisor will provide ongoing check ins with district coaches, facility leaders and QI teams
- QI Advisor will provide collaborative monthly reports to NDoH and AQUITY Innovations
- QI Advisor will assist with development of a standard template to be used at facilities to document and share best practices an ongoing basis.
- QI Advisor will ensure the district, sub-district and facilities have all the necessary documents for improvement i.e. how to guide, implementation guide, data guide etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health required, (master’s degree or higher degree preferred);
- Experience working in health and social care settings is highly desirable but not essential;
- Experience in TB management is highly desirable;
- A minimum of 5 years of working with improvement teams;
- A minimum of 1 year of experience teaching the SOI concepts, methods and tools
- Teams and management groups;
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your CV and cover letter, indicating the position and district applied for, to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 17th January 2020