AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Location: Head Office
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Payroll Officer will be fully responsible for all financial aspects of the Payroll and other financial duties as assigned. Primary responsibilities of the Payroll Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Update and maintain Payroll Records:
- Load information for new employees onto monthly payroll schedule specifying the salaries and benefits contributions as received from the HR Officer.
- Process and manage any staff deductions relating to the payroll; any other staff liability repayments,
- Preparing accounting transactions and preparing reports for management.
- Ensure payroll records are updated when staff leave Aquity.
- Confirm with HR on any staff liability before processing final pay-out.
- Payroll Processing:
- Process all monthly payroll reports.
- Ensure Payroll records are maintained accurately and confidential.
- Distribute payslips accordingly within the allocated time frame.
- Adhere to relevant South African payroll statutory laws in line with Aquity’s remuneration and benefits:
- Submission of monthly Statutory payments, PAYE, UIF, Workmen’s Compensation; Dept. of Stats submissions and periodic reconciliations.
- Accurate enrolment, transmission and any required termination to the benefit providers of all new and existing hires.
- Annual tax returns:
- Adhere to the annual financial tax year and maintain the proof of submission with SARS.
- Distribute IRP 5’s to all Aquity staff.
- General administrative support, including but not limited to: ensuring proper hard and soft copy filling and other support to the HR and Finance Department.
- Prepare travel calculations and review travel reconciliations.
- Other finance duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Batchelors degree in Financial Accounting qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years VIP Payroll experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound communication and negotiation skills and must be honest and ethical in everything they do.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- A strong logical thinking
- Analytical ability with excellent numerical skills
- Good organizational skills and delivery track record
- Accurate and pay attention to detail.
- Above average knowledge of office packages.
- A drivers license is a pre-requisite.
Please send your CV and cover letter, indicating the position and district applied for, to [email protected] before the 19th April 2020.
Application Deadline: Sunday, 19 April, 2020