AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology.
AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Job Title: TB NIMDR Nurse (1)
Location: Tambo District
- Will be based on the government DPSA rate (Grade 2, Level 8). for this position.
Programme and Vacancy Overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Liaising with DOH district staff on procedures for diagnosis and treatment for DR-TB patients
- Initiating and sustaining linkages with health facilities and relevant NGOs
- Provide guidance and technical support on DR-TB, DS-TB and TB/HIV prevention, treatment and reporting to staff in facilities and participate in activities related to:
- contact tracing of patients
- Track patients who have missed appointments for treatment initiation and
- for follow-up visits.
- Ensuring safe collection of quality sputum for testing, including optimization of sputum production with the use of nebulizers.
- The effective usage of custom designed sputum collection booths.
- Ensuring HIV testing for DR TB patients with unknown and HIV negative
- Promoting infection prevention and control, including dissemination of infection control materials
- Conducting education and training on DR-TB. Organize, attend and facilitate such workshops in liaison with other clinical teams.
- Ensuring that adherence counselling and support is provided for patients on treatment across all facilities supported.
- Ensuring and support monitoring and reporting of adverse drug events for
- Second line TB medicines (ADSM).
- Ongoing capacity building for different cadres of health care workers on clinical management, infection, control and ethics.
- Support implementation of EDRWeb.
- Monitor and support project staff placed at facility and district level.
- Lead in baseline facility assessments.
- Ensure treatment of all eligible patients for LTBI
- Regularly evaluate and analyse the progress, successes, and challenges with patients initiated on treatment, as part of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Meet regularly with the program advisors and supervisor for effective programme implementation.
- Perform any other duty that may arise during the duration of the project
- Submit reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on programme indicators and progress. Perform quality checks on MDR-TB register/EDR web generated data.
- Registered nurse and trained on NIMDR-TB (nurse-initiated management of DR-TB)
- Sound knowledge on TB, MDR TB and TBHIV
- Knowledge on the South African health system (provincial, district, sub district and facility levels) will be an advantage
- Knowledge on TB recording (MDR-TB register/EDR web) and reporting is essential.
- Three to 5 years’ experience in TB patient care
- Experience in programme coordination and training is an asset
- Research experience would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages is essential.
- A driver’s License is a pre-requisite.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 14th January 2020