The South African State Theatre is a national flagship that facilitates the arts and entertainment and encourages diverse cultural provision; we seek to play a unique and vital role in the cultural life of the Nation, the Province of Gauteng and the City of Tshwane.
The South African State Theatre seeks to present the very best performing arts work from the local community, the province, the country and from around the world. We seek to provide a programme in which our own produced work is of the highest standard and accessibility and complements the presented work.
We seek to provide development opportunities for emerging arts practitioners to learn and perform within the context of our programmes.
We seek to provide Audience Development programmes for new audiences to experience our work. We seek to continue to develop our unique theatre facilities, upgrading and maintaining them to support our artistic ambitions for excellence and our passion for welcoming audiences from across South Africa’s diverse population.
A performing art company in Pretoria central is looking for an Artistic Intern to join their team.
- National Diploma or degree in Performing Arts or equivalent.
Key performance areas:
- Artistic Department
- Work closely with the Deputy Artistic Director in planning, coordinating including doing research.
- Communicating with artists, designers and other theatres.
- Internet-based research
- Scheduling and arranging casting sessions
- Maintaining resume and script files
- And other administrative tasks as needed.
- EYCT Department
Work with Education Youth and Children’s Theatre staff in coordinating theatre residencies, script writing workshops and performance bookings.
Researching and establishing contact with host educational institutions around the City Of Tshwane, as well as maintaining close communication with them to ensure smooth execution of educational programming.
Business Development Department
- Assisting the Deputy Artistic Director and Marketing staff in planning, researching and executing special events.
- Creating and organising promotional materials
- And ad-hoc administrative tasks
Interested candidates to forward their applications to [email protected]. Applications must be submitted no later than 1st Nov 2017.