Applications are invited for the position of Assistant Company Secretary based at Bruma. The successful applicant will be reporting to the Company Secretary.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance of all legislative and governance requirements.
- Facilitate effective interaction with external stakeholders.
- Ensure structured interaction between Management and the Board and tracking of Board decisions.
- Distribution of Board pack, planning, implementation and recording of regular meetings between the Board, its sub-committees and Executive Management; as well as certain management meetings such as those of the Investment and Capital Committee.
- Ensuring the preparation of appropriate Board and sub-committee papers as well as other applicable management committees, such as the Human Resource and Audit & Risk Committee – manage decision register.
- Maintain all statutory records including all registers of shareholders and Directors, minute’s books and attendance registers.
- Ensure Board, sub-committees and other Management Committees’ charters and terms of reference are relevant and updated.
- Assist in the proper induction, orientation, ongoing training and education of Directors, including assessing the specific training needs of the Directors and Executive Management in their fiduciary and other governance responsibilities.
- Assist the Board with annual evaluations of the Board, its individual Directors and Senior Management.Minimum Qualifications
- Admitted attorney with B Proc or CIS (Chartered Institute of Secretaries) – Board Level or LLB (Bachelor of Law) and 3-5 years post articles experience in a commercial environmentMinimum Experience
- 5 years working experience as an Assistant or Company SecretarySkills and Competencies
- Deadline driven
- Good Judgment and problem solving skills
- Quality Orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Customer Service Orientation
- Verbal/Written communication
- A high level of Technical/Professional Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- act as advisor to the directors of the company
- assist chairman of the board to set agendas, prepare papers and advise on board procedures
- attend and take minutes of meetings
- implement the decisions of the board
- work independently as well as in a team
- ensuring that the Board is aware of all the legislation and governance requirements
- assist with induction of Directors
- assist the Board with annual evaluation of the Board
- air traffic control services
- legislation applying to the provision of aviation services
ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the worlds airspace. Over and above traditional air traffic control, we also provide aeronautical information for planning purposes, search and rescue coordination services, the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure, training services, and many more.
To be the preferred supplier of air traffic, navigation, training and associated services to the African continent and surrounding regions.
To provide safe, orderly, expeditious and efficient air traffic, navigation, training and associated services.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Apply online before 18/04/2015.