Posted on :
24 Oct, 2016
24 Oct, 2016
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, a provider of corporate and specialty insurance services, is offering an Assistant Underwriter Internship in Johannesburg.
The internship programme combines on-the-job development and opportunities with mentoring and training in order to help entry-level learners and interns to enhance their skills and broaden their understanding of the insurance business.
Purpose of the internship
• Prepare learners / interns for a career within Insurance (and possibly AGCS) through work based experience and vocational training
• To contribute towards skills development of South Africa’s youth
• Underwriting Support & Policy Documentation and Administration
• Provide proactive support to ensure Underwriting compliance
• Accounts Reconciliations
• Proactively develop relationships with internal functional areas involved in Underwriting process
• Develop and maintain relationships with brokers at peer level
• Tertiary Qualification – Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Commerce with Law is a compulsory requirement
• Good verbal and written communication
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office
• Eager and willing to learn
Due to local statutory requirements suitably qualified BEE candidates will be given preference, though all suitable candidates will be considered.
Closing date is 27 October 2016.