Posted on :
2 Jul, 2021
2 Jul, 2021
Our client the Associated Fund Administrators is seeking a suitable candidate for a position within the organisation. Based at the AFA offices in Gaborone, the organisation seeks a visionary leader who will add value, develop and drive the implementation of the digitalization strategy.
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
Location: Gaborone, South East, Botswana
Reference #: AFACOO
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: P 7.00 – 8.00 Monthly
Responsible for all operations in compliance with goals, policies and objectives established by the Managing Director and the Board of Directors. Directs, coordinates and administers all aspects of an organization’s operations or subsidiary operations through subordinates. Develops corporate policies that encompass all or some areas of the organization’s
• Development of efficient operational policies and procedures which optimize the use of technology in the processing and management of information to ensure accuracy, confidentiality and security of membership data bases.
•Reviews operational systems and procedures and establishes operational parameters for the development of technologies which will enhance efficiencies.
•Establishes and monitors achievement of operational standards and targets to ensure that document processing is expedited to achieve the highest possible standards of customer service.
•Monitors and reviews trends in health care needs and explores the development of specialized products to meet health care needs such as managed care, hospice and home-based care services.
•Develops and drives the implementation of an ICT strategy.
•Develops and drives the implementation of a digitalization strategy.
•Negotiates with medical aid schemes on matters such as administration fees, scales of benefits and product lines to optimise returns to Company’s shareholders.
•Reviews and manages costs and develops budgets for operational expenditure and authorises expenditure in accordance with procedures.
•Coordinates preparation for the schemes Annual General Meetings (AGMs).
•Reviews tariffs and benefits to optimise value for money medical aid cover for members and ensure that the schemes are competitive and meet the health care cover expectations of a stratified market.
•Negotiations with health care service providers to optimise delivery of value for money quality health care and the establishment of a mutually agreed tariff rate.
• Review of benefits and products and the development of proposals to enhance benefits and introduce products to meet the health cover needs of members and potential members.
• Resolves disputes at organisational level between health care providers and schemes and participates in joint negotiations between health care providers and the medical aid schemes to protect the interests of members.
• Liaises closely with management committees to ensure that they are kept fully informed of the achievements of the schemes, and, in particular, issues relating to liquidity, tariff levels and benefits.
• Promote the schemes to enhance membership and increase the Company’s market share of medical aid members.
• Identify and motivate other product areas which the Company could offer (such as pension administration) to diversify the Company’s portfolio and maximise utilisation of available technologies and competencies.
• Negotiates with Government at a senior level on matters relating to health care cover and assists in putting together tenders to ensure that the Company retains management of Government schemes.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the medical aid and health care sector and identifies trends and developments which may be able to enhance the Company’s competitiveness and services to members.
•Ensures that an effective market strategy and plan is in place to promote the schemes and the services provided by the Company to enhance membership and diversification of activities.
•Undertake any other related duties as required to meet the exigencies of the Service.
•MBA Qualification or Post Graduate Qualification in Finance/ Accounting or related.
•8-10 years management experience in Operations/Finance of a technologically driven insurance or medical aid environment, plus 5 or more years in senior management.
Application Deadline: 18/07/2021