Posted on :
26 Sep, 2016
26 Sep, 2016
M-Net has renewed The Voice SA for Season 2 and the search is on for voices to compete. The new season starts in January 2017 and the auditions are coming up in October – the same month that Season 1 winner and runner-up Richard Stirton and Gavin Edwards release their first albums.
The dates and venues:
Date: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Venue: The Beach Hotel on Marine Drive
Date: Saturday and Sunday 15 and 16 October 2016
Venue: Belmont Square, Rondebosch
Date: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Venue: Growth Point, King’s Park Stadium
Date: Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 October 2016
Venue: Sasani Studios in Balfour Park
– These initial auditions aren’t filmed for TV because this is where the initial selection of voices takes place. An anonymous panel of music experts judge these auditions and decide on who will make it through to the show’s Blind Auditions where auditionees sing for the series judges. The Blind Auditions air on TV.
– You need to be 18 on the day of your audition but there is no upper age limit. You need to take your ID with you to the audition.
– You need to be a South African citizen or permanent resident.
– You will have to sign a document stating that you don’t have an existing recording contract with any recording contract (to avoid a Siyakha repeat)
– Take water and other necessities like sunscreen to the audition in case you have a long wait.
How to audition online
You can also try for a fast track through the process by submitting a track online. You can upload your track on The Voice website here: The Voice
If you enter online you stand a chance of being accepted for the fast track day, which is seperate from the open audition days.
If you aren’t accepted for a fast track day you can still attend the open auditions so you can essentially audition twice.