As car sales company is providing a financial graduate an opportunity to the finance department at Auto Pedigree head office based in Spartan, Kempton Park. Individuals with excellent time management and organizational skills who are approachable and trustworthy are encouraged to apply.
We have a Cashbook Clerk Internship Opportunity. The main focus of the position is to support and assist the Financial Manager and Assistant Financial Manager in the payment of cashbook items.
The position is a 1-year intern/graduate position.
Specific Role Responsibilities
• Ensure accurate documentation is received for the payout of cashbook items.
• Ensure compliance with company policies as well as regulatory acts (VAT Act) before processing and payout of cashbook items.
• Monthly filing of cheques and substantiating documentation.
• Ensure accurate recording of the transaction in the accounting information system.
• Resolution of account related queries.
• Processing of journal entries.
• Following up on long outstanding items
• Ensuring all reports and registers are accurately allocated and up to date.
Qualifications and Experience
The position is ideal for a graduate and therefore requires Grade 12 and or the studying towards a degree/diploma.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Be a competent communicator
• Be approachable and trustworthy
• Have excellent interpersonal skills & display the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals & teams
• Have a mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects;
• Have advanced attention to detail
• Have excellent time management & organizational skills
• Be highly proactive & have good self-leadership skills
• Have good problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Be resilient and open to working with various personalities
Closing Date: 26 March 2018
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals