Posted on :
11 Jul, 2014
11 Jul, 2014
We are looking to appoint a Training and Development Officer reporting to the Group HR Manager, to provide a comprehensive training and development service to the company to ensure that all staff have the necessary skills and competencies to help the company attain its various business objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• A suitable related qualification
• Significant experience in training and development and a sound understanding of the principles of training and development
• Ideally have a sound knowledge of the motor and related industry
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• Must be familiar with training legislation and the functioning of Seta’s
1. Develop a training and development strategy for the company to support the company’s business plan and to ensure that all staff have the necessary skills to meet their objectives and the opportunity to develop to the maximum of their potential.
2. Undertake regular assessments of training needs and develop a programme to meet identified needs.
3. Maintain close communication with managers and staff to discuss training needs and to ensure that they are fully aware of training opportunities available.
4. Keep managers and staff informed of internal and external training and development opportunities.
5. Arrange internal training and development programmes, using external suppliers and consultants as required to meet identified training needs.
6. Develop and monitor the company’s training budget to ensure that the best quality of training and development is provided within the established budget.
7. Oversee the development of effective processes for the evaluation of all training and development provided.
8. Maintain an awareness of developments in the training and development field to ensure that the company continues to take advantage of best practice.
9. Oversee the maintenance of all necessary training and development records.