Posted on :
13 Dec, 2012
13 Dec, 2012
Business Development Executive(Job Number: 17551)
A Business Development Executive, BD is responsible for the identification and qualification of sales in the assigned territory. This position assists with developing leads, proposals, and analyses to manage the sales process.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible for driving revenue through prospecting, acquisition, development, and expansion customer opportunities.
Generating business leads to achieve short and long term revenue and profit growth through:
– Executing on direct Business Development programs (Telemarketing, contact management, demand generation programs, etc.)
– Leveraging Strategic Partners (Microsoft and Accenture) and the Microsoft Business Solutions Organization
– Developing and executing a Business Development Strategy for a metropolitan area
Develop and maintain a high level understanding of:
– Avanade Offerings
– Microsoft product suite and implementation services for those products
– Accenture industry solutions
– Local competitive environment
– Manage overall Business Development process from pre to post-sales
– Support Regional Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings that lead to accelerated business closure
– Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management, and Business and Technical Proposal Reviews
Support Regional Marketing Programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community by our technical consultants
– Proposal creation and delivery (written and oral participation with engagement team)
SCOPE OF WORK:
– Autonomy and Decision-making: Takes self-directed actions within broad goals and direction. High-impact deals; key and strategic accounts; assigned territory. Responsible for individual revenue generation of $1-5 M a year per channel alignment. Makes decisions which have major impact on commercial & delivery results, regarding demand generation activities, opportunity management, deal negotiations and closing.
– Daily Work: High-impact deals; key and strategic accounts; assigned territory; Implements the strategy and operational execution of sales and revenue generation within assigned territories, including daily management activities with customers, Avanade team selling resources, and internal tools and systems. Manages the Territory Plan and executes on sales strategy, including developing customer relationships, executing on account plans and monitoring performance against revenue targets.
– Impact and Contribution to Business: Sets objectives and leads the management of the sales cycle from lead generation to closing a deal. Stays looped in on the delivery on existing engagements and looks to broaden account with up-sell and cross-sell opportunities. Manages customer relationships. Develops customer relationships and drives acquisition of new customers, impacting the success of meeting our company revenue goals. Responsible for delivering on revenue targets, including managing the sales cycle process, tools, and internal systems. Actions can cause or prevent delays in generating revenue, cause inefficiencies, or unnecessary expense and impact sales efficiency and effectiveness
– 4-7 years services sales or professional consulting experience
– 5 + years consulting or related services sales experience with Microsoft products
– Candidate must have a solid background in the Health and Public Sector Industry
– Bachelor’s degree in business, sales or marketing recommended
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Demonstrated experience managing sales pipeline
– Demonstrated experience meeting sales and delivered revenue quotas
– Familiarity with Microsoft’s Solution Selling methodology. Leveraging the Industry trends and customer requirements, the candidate must have the ability to build and sell a solution based on the MS stack to the customer.
– Willingness to travel
– Established contacts within that geographies business community
Primary Location: Europe/Middle East/Africa/Latin America-South Africa
Region: South Africa Not translated
Job: Business Development
Capability Group: BizDev
Location: South Africa