Posted on :
9 Dec, 2019
9 Dec, 2019
AVBOB is seeking a skilled Test Analyst with experience of testing financial software. As a Test Analyst, you will create, conduct and report on automated and manual tests; not only noting issues, but also discovering the causes behind them.
You will work closely with developers, business analysts and the business users throughout the full development lifecycle, regularly feeding back any issues or possible improvements for new and existing
Job Title: ICT Test Analyst
Location: Pretoria Gauteng, South Africa
Reference: # 601QT01
Contract: Type Permanent
– Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data and automated scripts.
– Execute and evaluate manual or auntomated test cases and report test results.
– Hold and facilitate test plan/ case reviews with business analysts, and development team.
– Ensure that the validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
– Isolate, replicate and report defects and verify defect fixes.
– Test automation using testing and other tools.
– Design and executive test plans on computer applications.
– Record and document results and compare to expected results.
– Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
– Generate historical analysis of test results.
– Document anomalies and issues.
– Maintain database of software defects.
– Examine code and execution of code in various environments.
– Verify specific action or function of code.
– Operate and maintain test networks.
– Provide application instructions for users.
– Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
– Create meaningful error handling procedures for application code.
– Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and those standards set forth by upstream sources.
– Perform application security audits.
– Understand application designs, create queries, scripts, web pages and other deliverables.
– Participate in application planning meetings.
– Ensure data integrity standards.
– Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required.
– ISTQB/ ISEB Testing Certification essential.
– ISTQB Advanced Certification.
– Microsoft SQL Certification would be an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
– 5 and up years of experience with testing.
– Strong software testing experience, with good knowledge of both manual and automated test techniques.
– Experience of testing Web Services, Windows Services and APIs.
– Able to work across the full test lifecycle from requirements through to release.
– Strong understanding of web and integration technologies and architectures.
– Proficiency with automation testing tools.
– Experience with quality assurance methodologies, processes, and tools.
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
– Understanding of Test Case Life Cycle.
– Passion for software testing.
– Confident team player with excellent communication skills (verbal and written), keen to work in an Agile development environment.
Application Deadline: 31/12/2019