Posted on :
10 Nov, 2010
10 Nov, 2010
LSS seeks to attract a hands-on, highly skilled and experienced Transport Manager. This challenging role will require your fleet expertise to drive and implement customer-centric solutions across the business.
To cost effectively manage, maintain and control the LSS secondary and primary (Shuttle vehicles) fleet ensuring optimum efficiencies and utilization nationally. Maintain a high fleet standard in terms of mechanical, esthetic and legal requirements. Ensure on time deliveries to the customer and depot infills in LSS Inland. Measure, report on and control all aspects related to transport against set benchmarks. Manage all IR aspects of the Isando transport staff compliment
Key Performance Areas:
• Sound fleet standard (Mechanical & esthetics and performance)
• Cost efficiencies (Cent per kilometer & payroll)
• Cost control through inspections, measurements, regular servicing, maintenance, driving second drops and driver evaluation and performance checks using DRM and T&A (Nationally)
• On time deliveries
• On time deliveries by controlling on time departure times and assisting with delivery delays at customer back door and at factories and LSS sites (Inland)
• Transport staff management , selection and recruitment
• Recruitment and selection (national) including setting standards and policies with regards to transport staff recruitment, selection and training.
• Ensure a stable staff compliment of drivers and VA’s aligned with our owned fleet complement. All new recruits to be screened screening by means of interviews, references, integrity, literacy, numeracy testing. Automotive testing should be included for drivers. (National)
• Fleet and labour legal compliance (Compliant)
• Traffic fine management for the LSS national fleet (AARTO)
• Customer liaison (investigating and communicating on back door issues, incident investigation)
• 3rd party transporters. (SLA monitoring)
• Meaningful and actionable reporting and performance management of the fleet
• Goal oriented
• Attention to Detail
• Communication , teaching and presentation
• Standards oriented
• Stress Tolerance
• AVI Policies and procedures
• Statutory requirements
• DRM & tracking
• Trend & cost analysis
• Benchmarking e.g. Road Freight
Job Qualifications and Experience:
• Tertiary degree (Diploma) in transport logistics & fleet management
• 3 Years transport & fleet management
Your probing, investigating nature, detail orientation and a completed degree in Logistics/ Fleet Management is a starting block for success in our environment.
This advertisement serves to attract suitable, qualified candidates directly from the market. Group Internal Recruitment within AVI seeks to reduce the reliance on external recruitment agencies with the exception of preferred recruitment partners. Agencies wanting to be considered as a preferred recruitment partner should apply on line at www.avi.co.za by clicking on the careers link and then recruitment agencies.
Apply online before 09/12/2010.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.