Posted on :
10 Nov, 2010
10 Nov, 2010
Snackworks; a technically advanced giant in the Manufacturing industry seeks to attract an energetic, team player to take on the challenging role of Trainee Packaging Technologist. Your excellent communication skills and willingness to learn will hold you in good stead as you climb the corporate ladder. The successful candidate will be based at the Westmead Biscuit Factory reporting to the Strategic Sourcing function.
Key Performance Areas:
• To assist in Packaging development of new and existing products according to marketing requests and technical standards
• To assist / conduct plant trials
• To assist in the administration of projects (Costing, legal packaging requirements)
• To liaise with the Innovations Manager and Packaging Technologist with regards to project brief
• To assist the Packaging Technologist with the design and development of packaging with regards to various projects
• Good communication and people skills
• Demonstrated problem solving abilities
• Computer Literacy
• Analytical ability
• Motivational skills
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Performance driven
• Team Spirit
• Ability to work with machinery and packaging equipment
• Knowledge of ISO 9001.2000 and HACCP
• Must be prepared to undergo packaging technology or other relevant courses
Qualifications and Experience:
• Preferred requirement – National Diploma in Packaging Technology
• At least one year experience in the FMCG or Packaging industry
Use your National Diploma in Packaging Technology and minimum 1 year experience in the Packaging Technology Field within a Food and or Packaging Company to secure a stable career within Snackworks.
Snackworks is responsible for the biscuit and snacking portfolio under AVI. The Bakers, Pyotts and Baumann’s Brands are an iconic part of South Africa’s biscuit history. Combined with the full snack portfolio under Willard’s, a full range of sweet and savoury biscuits and baked and fried snacks is offered to the snacking consumer. An impressive portfolio of well loved brands have been part of the AVI family since 1981
This advertisement serves to attract suitable, qualified candidates directly from the market. Group Internal Recruitment within AVI seeks to reduce the reliance on external recruitment agencies with the exception of preferred recruitment partners. Agencies wanting to be considered as a preferred recruitment partner should apply on line at www.avi.co.za by clicking on the careers link and then recruitment agencies.
Apply online before 28/11/2010.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.