Posted on :
2 Feb, 2022
2 Feb, 2022
Core purpose of the role:
To maintain stewardship for financial assets and debt including overall leadership of the cash and debt management functions of the organization and its affiliated entities. To develop and manage strategies, operations, policies and budgets relating to treasury activities and risk management.
Job Title: Senior Manager: Corporate Finance & Treasury – Avis Budget Rental & Leasing Isando
Location: Isando, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: #02/02/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Bank and Cash Management:
• Develop and direct the cash management policies for the business
• Develop and direct the bank account management policies for the business
• Design and maintain the cash and bank processes for the business
• Oversee the cash management processes in line with the business strategy
• Responsible for the company’s cash flow forecasting
• Responsible for all bank mandates across the business
Capital and funding Management:
• Develop the fund raising policies and processes
• Develop the company’s liquidity management policy
• Manage the fund raising process on behalf of the business
• Manage the relationship between the business and financial institutions by being the point of contact
• Advise the business on capital requirements and best sources of funding for strategic initiatives
• Ensure that the company is efficient in its capital usage
• Ensure that the business has access to capital to pursue new contracts
• Review of all funding agreements
• Develop and oversee the company’s guarantee framework
Balance Sheet Management:
• Advise the business on the most efficient capital structure
• Responsible for the business’ Asset and Liability Management (ALM) process
• Develop the company’s liquidity, interest rate and forex risk policies
• Monitor and report the business’ liquidity risk exposure
• Monitor and report the business’ market risk exposure
• Monitor and report the business’ Interest Rate Risk exposure
• Monitor and report the business’ Forex exposure
• Monitor, report and manage on the business’ funding covenants
• Direct and develop treasury and corporate finance related policies for capital structure, working capital, treasury operations,
liquidity, foreign exchange and interest rate risk management.
• Supervise the maintenance of internal controls designed to safeguard corporate assets and the integrity of its fiscal system.
• Initiating, conducting and monitoring ongoing business/performance improvement/operational excellence projects and
• Identifying and acting upon opportunities to create value
Corporate governance, compliance, and audits:
• Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and reporting regulations (e.g. FICA, FSR, FAIS, POCA and Financial Markets Act) as
well as other aspects of good corporate governance
• Ensure compliance with approved company financial policies and procedures
• Establish and maintain reliable, accurate and timeous financial information systems and internal control procedures
• Manage the implementation of new financial systems and processes if applicable
• Identify and drive systems and process enhancements
• Manage systems integrity
3.Stakeholders (internal & external customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities):
Internal and External Stakeholders:
• Manage service provider relationships by building and maintaining strong key stakeholder relationships at all levels
• Manage relationships with internal stakeholders
• Provide clear direction and decisive leadership to direct reports, ensuring all are aligned to the goals and have a clear purpose.
• Set clearly defined performance standards / targets for direct reports, holding them accountable to achieve these and providing
support and guidance where needed.
• Create and maintain a constructive atmosphere within the team, engaging and motivating direct reports to always give their
best, while respecting any areas of diversity (whether areas of expertise, cultural, gender, age, background, etc.)
• Ensure direct reports adhere to set business policies and procedures, emphasising the importance of general discipline at work
and objectively correcting and handling any deviations as they arise.
• Resource and staff the team appropriately, considering the relevance of current and new jobs as well as the most suitable ways
in which to place or replace any vacancies.
• Set the example to the team and deliver on the employee value proposition by leading the team and the business in line with the
Barloworld Leadership Competency Framework.
• Support and encourage direct reports to drive their own individual development plans in order to further grow as professionals
in their jobs.
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
Internal and External Stakeholders:
The role requires close engagement and collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders
All Avis Rental and Leasing operations and functions; Finance teams, Group Treasurer, Executive: Strategic Projects, Finance and Audit Committees
Audit partners; SARS, Banks, Financial Institutions, Suppliers (OEMs)
• BCom Honours
• CA(SA) or CIMA or equivalent
• Registered Financial Representative (RE 5)
Note: Occasional national and regional travel is required for this role
• Minimum 7 years in financial services or related
• Previous experience with Financial Modelling
• Treasury and Debt Capital Markets experience
• Experience with banking and investment products
• Financial Management experience
• Minimum 3 – 5 years in Management role
• Experience engaging at Executive Management level
• Experience in corporate finance, Treasury, Asset Management.
Note: In ensuring a safe working environment for all, Avis will prioritise vaccinated employees in the recruitment process.
Application Deadline: 09/02/2022