Posted on :
1 Jul, 2014
1 Jul, 2014
– Support category manager on the creation, development and implementation of Marketing Plans in accordance with the Company’s strategic and financial objectives.
– Responsible for supporting category manager on managing the fragrance category processes for Justine
– Responsible assisting for developing and launching new products to support brand position.
– Manage a small brand or category independently
– Support category manager on the creation, development and implementation of Marketing Plans as well as New product development process, which encompass all elements of the Marketing mix ensuring strict adherence to budgets.
– Manage day to day administration on the category ensuring strict adherence to data integrity, leader list accuracy, new product budget accuracy
OUTPUT: Marketing Plan:
– Support the development and implementation of Annual, Quarterly, NPD plans, Brand Plans and Category strategies for the fragrance portfolio
– Implement Annual and Quarterly plan
– Assist in creating monthly campaign briefs, adhering to Campaign and Creative schedule
– Brief and monitor quarterly NPD briefs
– Monitor fragrance category growth and suggest actions based on findings to help deliver fragrance category KPI’s/
OUTPUT: Brand Plans, NPD Schedules & Category Strategies:
– Assist in brainstorming, briefing and launching new products keeping up to date with the developments in the competitive environment.
– Support the category manager on new product development cost of goods briefing and management, to deliver profitable innovation.
– Support category manager with the briefing, development and selection of new fragrance products appropriate to the business strategy
– Assist with new product selection, concept development, process and plan flow, merchandising and newness for campaigns.
– Assist with driving new products process to timeously deliver launches in accordance to NPD schedule.
OUTPUT: New Product Launches:
– Manage size of line (CFSOL) for category
– Manage life cycle of products (LCM)
– Assist with monitoring inventory status and take appropriate actions
– Keep category flows and check lists up to date
– Load Newness into Data systems to facilitate leaderlist creation
OUTPUT: Product Life Cycle:
– Review and evaluate Competitor pricing strategies and activities
– Maintain and adhere to campaign review system to ensure brochure and brand productivity.
OUTPUT: Internal & External Price Tracking:
– Assist with analysis of future plans and past performance monthly and quarterly.
– Ongoing review of category, brand and sku productivity and profitability to inform planning decisions
OUTPUTS: Product line productivity analysis & promotional analysis:
– Communicate marketing plans effectively with all interactive departments.
– Assist with development and implementation of 360 Activation plans
– Presentation of category plans at sales and field events and conferences
– Qualifications, knowledge base and experience
– A matric certificate, relevant degree (e.g. B.Com Marketing)
– Knowledge of Marketing policies/ procedures
– Experience in Brand Management
– Cosmetic Industry knowledge (advantage)
– At least 2 – 3 years in Marketing or FMCG sales company
– Direct selling industry experience (advantage)
– New Product Development experience (advantage)
– Results orientated.
– Entrepreneurship / creativity.
– Interpersonal / communication skills.
– Strong communicator
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Good analytical and data manipulation skills
– Sound Interpersonal skills
– Sound MS Office skills
– Ability to manage time effectively
– Good organisational skills
– Sound judgement
– Ability to do more than one task at a time
– Ability to work independently and in a team
– Strong driver
– Accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply
|Location:||Woodmead, Gauteng, South Africa|
|Reports to:||Senior Category Manager|
|Level of Experience:||3 – 6 years|
|Qualification Required:||Bachelors Degree or Equivalent|
|Skills Required:||Marketing Communications-Management
Product / Brand Management
|Salary Structure:||Total Cost to Company|