Posted on :
11 Mar, 2011
11 Mar, 2011
Avusa Limited was officially unveiled on the 20th November 2007 as the new name for what was Johnnic Communications Limited (Johncom). The company has evolved and grown remarkably over the years, to become one of the preeminent media and entertainment organisations in South Africa and the continent. Avusa Media South Africa recruits Direct Sales Executive – BDFM
Purpose of the Job:
Proactive selling Digital to non accredited agencies and direct clients.
Main Responsibilities / Outcomes:
* Achievement of aggressive monthly revenue targets.
* New Business Development: Prospect and contact potential clients to grow client base in the digital environment.
Sales knowledge / background in: Investor Relations (IR), Digital, Product Development, etc)
* Ability to deal with clients on all levels e.g. Managing Directors, Marketing Managers, Strategic Planners, etc.
* Develop and maintain professional long term relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
* Creation of innovative advertising opportunities / environments within Digital and Print space.
* Analysis of trends in the overall advertising market
* Constant evaluation of campaigns/ ad spend levels
* Internal liaison: Develop cross departmental relationships with editorial, production and advertising team
* Administration: monitor competitor publications, booking dockets, material and client feedback
Core Competencies Required:
* Broad marketing and digital media planning.
* Advertising and media background.
* Customer focused, business minded, with a thorough understanding of sales methods.
* Assertive and confident.
* Sound administration skills.
* Skilled negotiator with high energy levels.
* Team player.
* Good communications skills.
* Dynamic self-starter.
* Customer service orientation.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Deal with clients queries beyond office hours.
* Matric/ Grade 12 (post-matric qualifications an advantage)
* Digital, Print and Investor Relations (IR) advertising experience an advantage
* Two years advertising sales experience NON NEGOTIABLE
* Drivers license
* Own car essential
BDFM Publishers believe in employment equity. As such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. NB: Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.