Posted on :
6 Feb, 2014
6 Feb, 2014
A leading SA bank requires a Programme Manager to join their Team. This Permanent opportunity will be based in Randburg Johannesburg.
In this position you would be responsible to;
– Manage specific business and stakeholder relationships for the division and be the primary point of contact into the specified business area/function.
– Lead the divisions engagements with the business areas, facilitating the input and involvement of all areas in that engagement.
– To work with the business in the earliest stages of demand development, and influence that to help shape a firm demand pipeline based on agreed solutions to business requirements.
– Responsible for the overall management control and delivery of Business Critical Programmes / Projects with large budgets (R10 – R60 Million)
– Acting as a gateway between Business Units and the business for specific area/function, managing the business relationship on behalf of the BU, ensuring resolution of escalated issues and ensuring Business satisfaction.
– Managing the day-to-day relationship with key business stakeholders.
– Leading BU teams to define solutions to meet stated business requirements for major programmes and projects.
– Working with the business to influence and plan a portfolio of activity which will meet the business objectives in line with agreed IT strategies and architectures.
– Co-ordinating the BU response to specific business challenges e.g. reviews of technology usage and provides external insights into the business on IT and Business Trends which may support strategy aims.
– Have oversight of activities that ensure adherence to architectural and quality standards, policies and internal BU processes throughout the delivery supply chain.
– Influencing stakeholder management at multiple (and including senior exec) levels of the Group to shape business demand.
– Acts as focal point for direct reports with regard to HR and work issues.
– Ensures governance is followed for all directs
– Actively identifies development needs with the individual and provides support for ensuring their development plan is met.
– Acts as an advocate for the direct report in consistency meetings and is aware of any issue with their performance
– Actively demonstrates Behaviours and acts as a role model for other PMs
– Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports
– Implement succession planning, talent management and performance management frameworks and practices as prescribed by the Group.
– Manage or direct the performance development and disciplinary procedures within the business unit/function.
– Manage a team of staff to ensure effective delivery of it business deliverables
– Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching.
– Encourage and support frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
– Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
– Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Resources.
– Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business
– requirements can be met. Plans should be revised at least twice a year.
– Review and update the department’s organisation structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
– Motivate to and obtain approval for any additional headcount for the team.
– Monitor overtime and ensure that it is kept to a minimum.
– Technology BU and create plans to address the issues.
– Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
– Exercises overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the Programme/project to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards
– Manages the lead supplier in line with agreed contractual obligations, milestones and quality standards.
– Provides day to day direction to the project team and manages a budget of £4 – 10 million (pre-cap).
– Works with the Technology Partner to deliver effective communications and manages relationships with key stakeholders at executive and direct reports’ levels across the Programme/Project Client base and technical community, ensuring continued buy-in to the Programme/Project
– Owns and drives the Programme/Project planning framework, ensuring that plans are developed and tracked to appropriate standards, are integrated effectively across all work-streams, are unambiguous and achievable, and that dependencies are clearly understood and managed
– Owns and drives the effective governance of the Programme/Project, via the Programme/Project Management Office, ensuring that Bank technical, risk and other standards and compliance requirements are met and that the Programme/Project governance framework is comprehensively defined and firmly embedded across all areas of the Programme/Project
– Manages and co-ordinate projects, their interdependencies, associated risks and issues
– Controls the Programme/Project scope, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised
– Ensures the integrity of the Programme/Project – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the Programme/Project; and outwardly on its coherence with other technology and business initiatives. Includes identifying interfaces / alignment with other Programme/Projects, business as usual and specialist technical or service standards to the Technology Partner to ensure alignment.
– Ensures the Programme/Project resource plan is maintained and that appropriately skilled and experienced individuals are appointed in line with delivery plans.
– Actively manages supplier resource models and identifies issues to the Technology Partner for resolution – – Ensures delivery of the platform and service meets requirements and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed against agreed acceptance criteria and to a defined plan.
– Ensures that integrity is maintained by taking a best practice approach to development and implementation of Production change to support additional capability
– Ensures that all Programme/Project/Project status reporting is accurate, informative and timely, and directly provides progress reports to the Technology Partner and Programme/Project governance forums at agreed intervals
– Initiates extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the Programme/Project are identified or issues arise
– Provides an ongoing `health check’ of the Programme/Project to confirm that delivery meets the Programme/Project’s objectives and continues to make effective use of available funds and resources.
– Take steps to ensure Technical Team is a key service provider to the relevant business units serving as its customer.
– Adhere to and chair governance structures and frameworks to ensure effective customer management including actively participating in all internal client reviews from a service perspective.
– Implement actions resulting from formalised service reviews (including questionnaires, production reporting, loss event reporting, etc).
– Continuously monitor service levels and implement tactical measures to improve customer satisfaction.
– Build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships within the Bank to understand the business needs and changes in customer needs.
– Participate in Bank wide forums and governance structures as required or directed.
– Communicate and track the achievement of Service levels (documented in Service Level Agreements) on an ongoing basis and take corrective action as required.
– Manage the operational teams to ensure they deliver reliable services.
– Develop a proposal and control the units annual budgets and workforce plans.
– Ensure facilities, infrastructure and human resources are fit for purpose and effectively maintained and
– Adhere to sound financial and governance controls to support sound resource management and financial
control within the unit.
– Ensure adherence to all required compliance requirements, financial policies and supply chain policies within the bank.
– Manage departmental budgets including signing off of invoices and quotes within mandate. Escalate out of budgets items to the relevant parties for approval.
– Sign off capital expenditure within budget. This includes approving purchase or sell decisions for desktop
computers, laptops, departmental equipment etc.
– Rebalance resources between different areas e.g. reallocating headcount or budgets, but within overall
approved resources for the year.
– Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned.
Skills and knowledge:
– Stakeholder Management Skills
– Knowledge of the breadth of services and products offered by the Group, RBB Technology and the business area supported, able to look for opportunities to exploit IT to enhance or develop new IT services and products.
– Up-to-date with developments in individual area of expertise, as well as emerging technologies and the
potential for their application within the Bank.
– Understands IT Architecture and how IT products and services comply with IT and Business strategies.
– A strong business/IT hybrid.
– Knowledge in specific area/areas of the Banks products, services and policies in order to plan operations and strategies.